Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Crime and Punishment....Museum.


Hey Momma! 

I was so happy to see you and talk to you over Skype yesterday for Mother's Day!! I love being able to talk to you and the family and just see how everyone is doing.  Good to see Grandpa and Uncle Vaughn still have their same old good humor and to see Summer and Jonny along with the kids.  They are growing so fast and look great!  Cutest kids ever.  I can't wait to get to hangout with them!  Grandma said in her last letter that she is getting her voice back again little by little so that is good!  Hopefully when I get back I can get into my voice lessons again along with guitar lessons.  A member gave us a guitar to borrow so I really want to get good at it when I get back :)  I love playing and singing.  
Today was a really great p-day!   We went and worked out and then went to iHop for a post-workout meal! It was super tasty! We even got the nice waitress to take our picture! Elder Hansen says thanks again.


I am pretty excited for my new companion Elder Cervantes.  It is always good to get some reassurance from AJ Anderson! I can always trust him and his comments.  Hopefully this transfer I will at least be able to contact a little more with Latinos since there are SO many here.  I seriously think parts of Silver Spring are just mini states of Mexico placed in the states ha-ha.

I am sad to hear about Sister Tanner. I love her and brother Tanner. Give her a BIG hug from me and let them know I love them both a ton! It always made me happy to see them at church each Sunday.

The work here is going pretty good.  We had our investigators O'Neil and Nadia come to church and they stayed for sacrament and left.  They liked it and said it was cool to see all the families and young kids.  They also have a little girl.  We are trying to get Chandra and Raj, who are the part member family, to come to church and hopefully get a standing weekly appointment with them so that we can teach the husband and the kids.  They are super nice, just hard to keep in touch with.  I feel confident that with the hard work and faith put into next transfer, our area and the whole Silver Spring Zone will see a lot of miracles! 

Elder Palmer (who is also serving in the College Park) is going home early because of his knee.  He was suppose to go home earlier and get surgery to get it fixed but he toughed it out until the doctors said he had to get it fixed.  So we are sad to see him go, but he served hard and did an amazing job here in the ward.  

For P-Day today we went into the city with Brother Weitzner who took out us and some other elders and sisters to the Crime and Punishment Museum.  It was crazy cool!  We did a shooting simulator and we were like the police.  Elder Bledsoe and I were the two shooting and we were looking for someone to point a gun at us.  The one guy got out of the car and I instantly went into real life Call of Duty mode... My heart was pounding, my vision fixed, my hands steady, and my intensity unmatchable!  I had my sights on the man who showed us his hands outside his window and then slowly got out of the car and put his hands behind his back.  Out of my peripherals I was looking for any little person or creature to pop out and attack... I might have gone a little cross eyes I was so suspicious.  The dark scene, which was well past the sunset, had my finger itching to mow down the first thing I saw that moved. As the man was about to get cuffed by the other policeman, immediately another man jumped out from behind the same SUV as if out of nowhere! He quickly pulled out his gun and without hesitation Elder Bledsoe and I, in perfect unison, UNLOADED ON THIS CLOWN!!!  Elder Bledsoe and I were born to be cops.  But I'm not about that life, so I will stick to call of duty.  Haha :)

Anyway, things are going great here in Maryland! I really love this area and I am thankful to have the opportunity to have another transfer here. I hope you all are doing great missionary work back at home.  I also hope and pray that you are happy and safe.  I love and miss you! Have an awesome week!

Love,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment