Monday, December 29, 2014

It Won't be Over Until the Lord Says it's Over!

Hey mom!

Wow, it feels weird emailing already because I just saw you!  I'm not complaining though- it's great! :)  I had such a fun time being able to Skype on Christmas!  It was really neat being able to see Brian/Elder Farley on the other computer screen and to have the chance to chat for a while.  He looks and sounds like he is doing well.  But SERIOUSLY?! First mission Christmas with Shane, Jeremy and Aunt Sharon?!  Definitely the coolest mission Christmas ever.  I can't wait to see the Parsons again!  It was fun talking to the fam back home too!  Looks like GM&GP are well!  It was good to hear Uncle Vaughn and GP crack on' jokes like always!  Caiside was funny :) and I guess I'll just have to say hi to Ryker at home since he was all angry!! Haha

Christmas in the mission was pretty fun! Unfortunately we didn't have time to go see the Kings, but we did get to watch How To Train Your Dragon 2 all together in the amphitheater of the VC.  That was a pretty good one.  We also had lunch together as a mission and had a talent show.  We did the Haka for our talent and we had our faces painted from a Tongan sister who also participated.  I wore a skirt from a Tahitian sister. Tavana, Ah Ching, Wood and I lead the group.  We even had President Cooke get up there to do it with us!  It seemed to get a pretty good response from the rest of the missionaries.


This last Saturday was a hard one, saying goodbye to Tavana and Malugin.  I really grew close to them both out here and I hope to be able to always keep in contact with them.  It's okay though because Tavana, Bodda and I all have March b-days so we are going to see Bodda in Vegas! Haha reunion!! Malugin can come too, even though his birthday is in January.  It is different being in a two man companionship without Tavana, but I am having a great time with Elder Warnes!  We are working hard and trying to get some new investigators this week!  You know what that means!! Tracting!! Hopefully those that we are meeting with now will also be willing to accept our commitments and progress.  And next week Bible Study will be back on so we will have some opportunity there :)

Can you believe it is already 2015!?  Honestly, it's kind of scary how fast time went.  And I feel silly saying that because everyone says the same thing when they get towards the end.  I am grateful for all the things I have learned and for all the success I've seen.  I'm even sort of thankful for the trials and hardships, because I know they are preparing me for the future and have helped me trust more in the Lord.  There is still so much work to do, and I know it won't be done until the Lord says it's over.  I plan to keep working hard to the end and looking for each opportunity to be a light and share my testimony with others.  I love reading the Book of Mormon and seeing how faithful and diligent the prophets were who testifies of Christ and called their brothers and sisters to repent and find peace in the gospel.  They hard hardships and losses, but they always seemed to put their whole hearts into God's work and aligned their will with His.  I know I have not been perfect at that, but I hope to always strive for that kind of discipleship.  This is the gospel with brings eternal life through Christ.  I know that there is a prophet who is the mouthpiece of God, who directs up in ways of righteousness. A path that, if we follow, will lead us back safely to the loving arms of our Savior and Father in Heaven.

I am so thankful for you and our family.  Thank you for all the support and love you have given me as I have been out here on the east coast.  I don't think I could ever begin to explain all the wonderful things you, dad, our family and friends have done to help me stay strong and find peace and joy as I've served our God.  I love and miss you.  Hope you enjoy this week and the start to the New Year. 2015!!! It's going to be a good one!

Love your son,

Elder Farley

PS can't wait for the comp ties! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment