Saturday, June 8, 2013

Night of Music and Inspiration

Hello my family and friends!
This week has been a blur!  I feel like I was just writing my e-mail last week.  Today we were able to go to the Temple for our trip we take every 6 weeks, the week right before transfers!  This transfer went by crazy fast too.  But the Temple trip was really great.  I love going to the Temple and plan on going ALL THE TIME when I get back to school in Rexburg.  I feel silly almost for wasting all the opportunities I had to go and chose not to.  But I guess that is one of the many things the mission has changed in me. We also went to the Temple Visitors Center on Sunday for the "Night of Music and Inspiration".  It was really fun!  We had a power outage because of a big storm so the big theater didn't work.  So last minute we had to pull a piano out of a back room and set up a bunch of chairs and put them out for everyone right in the middle of the Visitor's Center!  It was hectic but fun.  The scary thing was that we had so many people packed in and no microphones.  So we were pretty much told to BELT our songs.  It went well and Elder Peterson, my MTC buddy, and I sang "A Child's Prayer."  Everyone complemented us so I guess we did okay.  Ha-ha.  I don't know why I have had so many opportunities to sing so far on my mission.  I feel like Grandma is praying for me to sing a lot ;)  And I never refuse to sing because in D&C it says something about losing our talents that the Lord gives us so... I don't want to lose my voice! 
Anyway, we have had a little bit of bad luck with our many investigators on date who have either stopped meeting with us or just fell off the face of the earth.  So Satan is working hard on them.  So I guess I am just going to have to work harder to beat him!  We received a couple new referrals and also a new investigator who is really solid, so we should hopefully be getting a lot more people towards coming to church and more baptisms as well!  Besides that not too much has happened.  The singles ward is a little tougher in the summer when people go home from school or are just out of town a lot.  However, the work goes on and the ward is surprisingly feeding us quite a bit!!  So that is a big plus.  I guess they like us or something :)

Well... that's about it for the week.  I have to get going anyway.  Thanks everyone for the support through e-mails, letters, packages, and especially the prayers.  I love you all. 
Love,
Sean
P.S.  I love the package you sent it was awesome! 



No comments:

Post a Comment