Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Work Continues!

Hello!!
 
So this week has been pretty great.  We had to drop a lot of people who were investigators but we are working hard to pick up formers and also have received a few nice referrals!  The ward has been feeding us almost everyday, which is unheard of in this area usually, and we are becoming great friends with all of them!  Even the old people who are like 30+ and are suppose to be in family wards ;) ha-ha.  So the ward is doing well for the most part, they just need to give us their friends to teach.  One member who is just here for the summer has brought Breelaun, a new investigator, to church twice and will this week as well.  We have taught him two lessons and he is the BEST!  We go into DC to teach him at his gym which he is tied down with because he just opened it up!  The guy is great though.  He is a trainer and he is doing this cycle workout that is low impact and I love it.  He invited us to go for free since we are his new friends and we got to do a workout early this morning while the Washington Post came by and did a photo shoot and while one of the writers for the Post did the workout with us.  It was cool.  I got interviewed too!  I am pretty sure we are not really suppose to as missionaries but I didn't see any harm.  Plus I had to talk up Breelaun!  So look for me in the Washington Post Newspaper soon :) 
 
Anyway, so the work is going well.  Tough, because of the 18-30 singles age limit, but good.  We are having another great transfer and expect miracles to come our way.  Elder Kuddes and I have even been doing a lot of biking around and near campus just talking to people and trying to meet singles.  Ha-ha, that sounds kinda funny from a missionary point of view.  But its what we have to do!  Oh, and funny story: Elder Kuddes and I were in a full day rain shower on our bikes just getting soaked trying to go find former investigators and as we were riding a truck hit this big puddle of water and it was seriously a 5-6ft wave of water that engulfed Elder Kuddes!  I was laughing so hard!  It was even in slow motion to me.  I knew it was going to happen as soon as the truck was coming toward us.  We he was covered in dirt/water.  Good times as a missionary.  Besides getting soaked it has been HOT!  I walk outside and I am like already drenched.  But lotion isn't required which is nice. 
 
Oh, and Mom and Dad.  The Haulocust Museum is the best.  Seriously the most interesting and humbling place I have been.  It might be my favorite museum.  Elder Little and I went through the whole thing together learning about the Nazi's rise to power and how Hitler took over and stuff.  I scares me for our own countries outcome.  Especailly looking at history and how things like this continue to happen.  Even in the Book of Mormon we see the same things with the people becoming wicked.  Wow... crazy stuff.  But on a happier note I am almost done with the Book of Mormon :)  I took the 60 day challenge and will be done around the end of the month!  Yay! 
 
So thats about all!  Everything is going great and I love missionary work! :)  I am so happy to be a part of God's army!  Love you lots and hope all is well!
 
Love,
 
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment