Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday P-Days!!

Laser Tag in Lexington Park
Hey Momma!

This week has been really great.  Our bishop in the Lexington Park ward is home from deployment in Afghanistan, I have already done two baptismal interviews, our investigator is ON DATE!, and I have not single-handedly destroyed the mission yet as District Leader. :) But being District Leader has been great! Weird because my roommates salute me every now and then.  But awesome because I get to know the missionaries in the district a LOT better.  I love the missionaries here :)  They are all super great.  The other cool thing is that I get to go to leadership meetings and see President and Sister Cooke more along with the other leaders in the mission!  Dang, a lot of the leadership has left to go home and more will be going soon.  It is weird because so many missionaries are on different stages of their mission and then all of the sudden they are DEAD! But not really dead just dead from missionary life. The only down side as a district leader is when they call in super late and I get less sleep.  But it doesn't matter because I am always tired!  Ha-ha Missionary life will do that to you though I guess.  My new companion, aka my son/Elder Gomez, is doing great!  He is really picking things up and working hard.  He also likes to work out and get JUICED!  So we are going to be giant! 

I will be honest though, I really don't have a ton to write this week.  But I just want to bear my testimony to everyone on missionary work and this gospel:
I know with all my heart that this work I am engaged in is the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I know that He directs it through Thomas S. Monson and that this work "shall go forth boldly, nobly and independently" and it will NEVER stop until Christ comes again and says that this work is finished.  This IS Christ's church and I know with all my heart that it was restored through Joseph Smith.  Not reformed, not changed in anyway... But restored exactly to how it would have been when Christ was in His earthly ministry.  And that same priesthood He had, is here on earth again.  I know this is true.  And it is because God has answered my prayers over and over again, reassuring me that it is the TRUTH.  

Never let up.  Never give up.  Reach out to others as Christ would.  Love others as Christ would.  And you will never go wrong.  :)  I love you all.  Keep working hard to invite others to this great gospel :)

Love your favorite missionary,
Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment