Monday, December 9, 2013

Keep spreading the good news and bringing people closer to Christ!



Hey Momma!

First off... (for the last time..)  FOOTBALL!  SCORPS WIN STATE!  That was the greatest news ever!  I was freaking out.  It is the coolest thing in the world. I am so happy for the whole team, bet even more I am happy for my brother.  Elder Gomez was saying yesterday something like, "Now that your Brother won State he can rub in in your face... that's what I did to my older Brother."  He wanted to see if I was jealous or something.  But no way. Brian is so awesome.  In his email to me,  instead of praising himself and the team, he praises the players we have played before him.  The teams that have built up to this game-to this Championship.  I am more happy for Brian than anyone else in the world could be for their little brother.  And I am even more happy that he is a great man of God.  I know he will be such an amazing missionary.  I love our family so much!  I am so thankful, and I cannot say it enough!


Besides the awesome news of FHS winning the State Championship, another amazing thing happened here is Southern Maryland.  Robert got Baptized!  Wohoo!  It was such an amazing experience.  After he came up out of the water and they shut the font doors he just stood there.  He look petrified at first, so I asked him how he felt. He said, "I feel like a new person... I feel amazing!"  The whole baptismal service went great!  Elder Gomez and I gave talks and the fellow-shipping family gave the opening and closing prayer. And yesterday (Sunday) he was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints :)  and he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost!  He also received the Aaronic Priesthood and he had me ordain him.  (So could you send out a copy of my lineage to give to him.  So this week was amazing!   AS for teaching people we are still teaching the 88 year old eternigator and atheist Rocky... he is amazing though.  I love that guy to death.  Now if only we could get him to READ AND PRAY SINCERELY.  But I have faith in him!  I know he feels the spirit!  

Besides that, we are working to find new people to teach.  It is a little different not having the WHOLE ward boundaries, so now we are working a little differently to find and teach new people.  But I know the Lord will help us! 

To everyone:  I love you all!   Keep spreading the good news and bringing people closer to Christ!  Plus its Christmas time!  So lets all catch that Christmas spirit and pray, share, and invite people to come closer to the Lord. :)
Merry Almost Christmas!
Elder Farley and Bishop's son


Love your missionary,

Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment