Monday, December 23, 2013

Two days until Christmas!

Hey Mom!  

Dang... Two days until Christmas! I am so excited.  I think you put those Whoppers on the top of my stocking on purpose.  I want to look so bad.  But I am even more excited to Skype you all!!! It is going to be the BEST!  Also, for Christmas we get to watch a movie.  It is sort of like a mission tradition.  We get to watch Monster's University, and I have never been so stoked to watch a kid's movie in my life.  So Christmas should be pretty fun. 

Sounds like all is well at home! Is it going to snow there?  It has been warm here so it looks like NO for us :(  Oh, well.  We will pretend. 

This week at church was the ward Christmas program.  All four missionaries were in the choir and it was really great for the North elders because their investigators came on the best Sunday of the year!  Everyone was full of the Christmas spirit and one of their investigators has Thor hair.  But seriously, I thought a small Thor walked into church, it was awesome!  Also, at church we wore bow-ties to support the young men in the ward that all made a decision to wear them this one Sunday.  Even the Bishop supported them.  Needless to say, it was the coolest day of church ever.   

Later Sunday evening we went over to visit a couple who a recent convert had brought to church the week before.  They were both super receptive.  They had some different religious ideas, but they are super open.  When we asked what they knew about our church they said that they only knew what our recent convert had told them and also what South Park said- Haha!! But it all worked out!  We had a blast teaching them and they are very kind.  They are really just looking for the truth and where they can feel God's presence the most.  We hope that they will continue to come to church as we teach them so that they will feel the Spirit of the Lord multiple times in their lives!  Sharing the Restoration with them was so powerful.  They seemed very curious and are willing to read and pray about the Book of Mormon with open hearts.  So that was an awesome miracle to see!!

R. is still super stubborn.  But we realized this past week that he really does know that the church is true.  He just has been atheist for so long he is too prideful to change.  We talked to him about waking up after death in the Spirit World and he just said that if that does happen then he will do all he can to fix what mistakes that he has made to get to the top.  It makes me really mad, but I wouldn't dare fight the guy... apparently he was Golden Gloves back in the day! I don't remember where but this guy is a champ! haha.  So work will continue on there... hopefully the Spirit will guide us to help us know what to say or share that will help him.

I am so excited for this holiday season!  I love this Gospel so much and the truth that it brings.  Sometimes I think people make things too complicated though.  The great thing about Christmas is that we can all, no matter what race, age, or Christians we are, we all can come together as one and remember the life of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love Him so much and I am eternally grateful for His sacrifice that has allowed me to become better each day.  And more importantly, allowed me the opportunity to return to live with Him, Heavenly Father, and my family again- forever.  

I wish you all a happy and safe Chirstmas!  I will see you on Wednesday!  Can't wait to see all your smiling faces!! :D  Keep sharing the gospel and looking for opportunities to serve!  Love you!!

Love your son, 

Elder Sean ("Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color") Farley

P.S.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment