Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bruce Lee is ALIVE & WELL!!

Hello Momma!
 
Today we are AGAIN at the Library of Congress.  We went with a big group of missionaries to the Lincoln Memorial to do sunrise pictures, so I got up at 4:45 this morning to bike to the Metro. I felt like a zombie.  And it was freezing walking to the memorial building.  But the view was awesome and the "Rocky Balboa" run up the stairs was legendary! Don't worry we took plenty of pictures as we made Forrest Gump jokes (which kinda died off since we didn't remember too many from the scenes in DC).  Oh and Elder McDonald is with my old MTC comp Elder Johnson! I thought that was pretty funny/cool.
 
 
 
I am glad you got the bracelet I sent you.  The member that gave it to me said I need to send it to my girlfriend and it would ensure our relationship or something like that ha-ha but Elder Anderson and I wanted to send it to our Mommas since we are single.(Forever Alone-cough cough.) ha-ha plus I love you and miss you a ton!  And for those people that are asking for my mission address, I don't mind if you tell them-but more stationary would be wonderful.  I like the ones with my name at the top. It makes me feel important ;) ha-ha.
 
Okay, what the heck is wrong with my Danny-boy Lacey?  Don't tell Ty- he will just say to drink more milk, "it cures everything!" But in all seriousness I hope he is doing okay!  Tell him I said hi!
 
And wow... that Spring Formal sounds bomb.  Must be nice Brian.  But It is good to hear I am still remembered in good old F-Town!  It's nice to hear that everyone is doing so good!  And Uncle Vaughn is a boss. I am glad he is adjusting so well!
 
It is also nice to hear that my SC amigos are doing well and all on missions or going on missions soon!  I know they are all making great choices in their lives.  

I can't believe Sister M betrayed us and put that video up with us singing!  I told her she better not! Ha-ha Oh, and speaking about being betrayed... I have a awesome story for everyone today:  So on Thursday we were headed to our usual lunch appointment with Sister Domonique and we were stopped by a Vietnamese guy.  He started talking to us and then out of nowhere was like, "Look at these hands!  What do you see??"  And me, being innocent and not realizing the dude was a loony was like, "um... a callous?" He said, "NO! What do these hand mean?"  I answer again, "hmm... does it mean you are a hard worker?" Ha-ha and then he looks at us both and says..."I am Bruce Lee."  I instantly realized this was about to be the best conversation ever!  He went on and on talking about how he was re-incarnated and how he lost his awesome fighting powers in the re-incarnation but that the spirit of Bruce Lee was inside him.  He then went on talking about how his father and brother betrayed him and broke his arm because they we jealous that he was left handed and wanted to make him right handed.  He turned to Elder Anderson and asked who was the most evil man on the earth.  And Elder Anderson was like, "Cain?... maybe the devil?"  And "Bruce" was like, "No! David." Who he said was his dad. So we were then super confused.  I guess his dad's name was David or something.  And then he said that his dad was the most evil man on the earth and he is "George W. Bush"!!! So I guess his dad is George W. "David" Bush.... It was so awesome.  Best crazy person we have met so far!  So that is my crazy story for the week.
 
We also have a new investigator named Barbara!  She is amazing!  We met her on Friday (she was a text referral) and we taught her the first lesson after finding out she had received a Book of Mormon already and had been reading it every night on her iPad.  It was so sweet!! So she came to all three hours of church and now we are teaching her another lesson tonight at the Temple Visitors Center!  So that was a miracle for sure!  I am so excited to finally meet someone truly interested in this great message.
 
Thanks for the picture of Ryker, mom.  Summer looks great and so does the new baby!  I am so happy for the family and its new member.  Ryker is a lucky boy to be around such great people.  I will look forward to pictures with him and Caiside during my mission.  I can just see Caiside now.... She will really have a change getting used to sharing and not having all the attention as a only child.  I feel like somehow I barely remember when Brian was back from the hospital.  I didn't want that little monster taking any of my thunder!  Little did I know that he was a semi truck packed into a little baby.  Kinda like a mini Arnold. He caused destruction for days!  ;) But look at us now.  We are the best of friends!  So I know that Ryker and Caiside will do great together.
 
Well my family and friends... I have written a lot.  And I want to get out to see the city!  I love and miss you all.  Thank you for all the support and prayers.  I am praying for all of you as well!
 
Love your favorite missionary,
 
Elder Farley
 
p.s. I will send the SD soon!  My goal is to hit 300 pics!  Almost there!  Sorry mom-hope that's not too many to check through.
 
Elder Snow Man
 
Also, as a little side story: We made a snowman this week when it snowed like crazy and we left a Book of Mormon in him and a lot of Pass-a-long cards stuck all over him. When we came back the next day they were almost all gone! Along with the Book of Mormon. That probably isn't a normal missionary thing but... well we are getting creative.  Plus no one was even home around the area :)
 
Love you all  Bye!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment