Saturday, August 31, 2013

One Week until Transfers!

Hey Momma!
Wow. So I talked to Elder Lahnam about his long emails and told him he better knock it off because he is making me look bad ;) haha just kidding!  But seriously I feel like I am writing for days!  Also, I apologize to everyone who has written me.  This month has been madness and the dentists seems to pick Wednesdays to fix me teeth... so Preparation day has been more like Surgery day.  But I will get to em in a couple weeks after transfers!  Sorry :D
This last week has been pretty good!  No baptism but we know Steven is on the right path.  He is so great!  I love teaching people about the Gospel.  Its the best job in the world.  I just cannot imagine how people live their lives without the blessings that the Gospel of our Savior brings.  EVERYONE needs it.  I wake up and am just so anxious to meet one of my brothers or sisters who have been searching and are ready. I also wake up stoked to workout and look like the hulk ;) but that's not as important.  Anyway, I just know they are out here ready to accept the gospel.... just got to find em'.  
I really can't believe I have been in Glenn Dale for four months.  I really want to stay but at the same time I really want to go into the city!  Anacostia baby!!! haha but my "lack-of-teeth" situation might keep me here or closer to Gaithserburg, MD.  We will see.  Oh and don't worry I have my bike all up to date and ready for the streets of the District of Columbia.  Speaking of the District... Obama thinks he is MLK and is giving a speech there for the 50th anniversary of King Jr.'s speech   He is a chuck.  I wouldn't go into that place today even if they had just opened an In-N-Out!  It's going to be crazy there.  (Hopefully Big Brother isn't reading my email!) ........ 'MERICA!!!
Crazy story: I met an new missionary here named Elder Wright!  He went to San Juan Hills his junior year!!  What the... so sweet!  We missed eachother by two years!  He knows like everyone I know there too.  So legit!  Ha-ha  He also ate 4 scotch bonnets at Emma Mayes'(Pepper Lady) house.  Madness... he now holds the record- as far as we know.
I got your package and letter I just haven't opened it yet!  The temple was today and took a good chunk of the day.  But I am not complaining at ALL!  The temple was SO good.  It is just about the best part of each transfer! Have you all been to ABQ recently?  You have to go.  It just gives you the best Spiritual boost in the world.  OH!  Also, I am so excited for that family by the Perry Max Webbs!  That is so great!  Everyone keep up the member work!  That is were it is at.  Seriously though... Converts that are brought to the church by members have a friend to lean on when trials and challenges come and they are able to be more fully converted to the gospel, while learning much quicker.  :)  

Elder Broadhead and I are doing great still!  We enjoy our time together and if we get transfered from each other we will be sad.  But he has taught me so much and I am excited to continue to learn and grow out here.  Thank you so much for everything you all do!  I am SO very blessed to be a missionary for our Lord, Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has provided me with a loving family that I know I will be with for all eternity.  I know this church is Christ's church and had been Restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  And I know I have a loving Father in Heaven and a perfect Brother and Savior who has made an eternal sacrifice for each and everyone of us.  
Thank you all for helping me along the way. So many people have been examples in my life and gotten me to where I am today.  You all know who you are ;D    I miss and love you, but know God is watching over you. 
Love your missionary,
Elder Sean Bachman Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment