Wednesday, September 25, 2013

This Is the Work of God, people!

Hello!!

Today was a pretty great day!  We went to the Temple and so the whole ride up, which was two hours, I tried to catch up on letters.  So it looks like a three year old was writing them... eh.  Oh, well.   The Temple was great, as always!  I love the Spirit that we are able to feel there.  It is so great to be on a mission and to be able to grow closer to my Heavenly Father and to participate as a missionary for our Savior.  I love it so much!  As for the work here, it is going well.  We are working with this less active family whose kids are not members.  They are really sweet and hopefully we will be able to meet them soon and teach them about the Plan of Salvation!  We are also doing a lot of work to get this area organized and running well.  We are also striving to get the member work going and to get people STOKED!  This is the work of GOD people!  Lets get the message out to our friends!  As soon as I get to use Facebook I will be joining all of you as a member missionary :)  

So one of the days this week we were went out on bikes to save our miles since we were coming short.  We started biking to dinner and these people rode by yelling, "JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!"  Then we rode up to them at the stop light and they were super stoked about how we were on missions and stuff.  We wanted to talk more but the light turned green and we had to move.  Right after that we see this guy poke his head out of his car and he yelled, " GET A REAL LIFE!"  I don't know why it was so funny but I started to laugh so hard!   It makes me chuckle a little that people think we are wasting time.  This is the best experience of my life.  I would change it for anything.  

As for things back at home... it sounds like it was a bit of a rough week with the double losses.  BYU and the Scorps :(  But I know we will bounce back this week and destroy Valencia!  I can't wait to hear about it!  Also, tell the Farleys, both Danny's family and Uncle David and Ann, that I say hi!  

Sorry for such a short one.  We have to get going!!  But I love you all and I am always praying for you.  Keep up the hard work!

Love,

Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment