Monday, April 7, 2014

Back in College Park!

Elder Farley and Elder Hansen
Hey Mom! 

Dang, it has been a really awesome week!  I am now with Elder Hansen, who was in my MTC district, and we are having a great time! Most of Elder Hansen's mission he has been in DC.  He is a very hard worker and very obedient, so he has been and still is a great example to me!  I am really excited for this transfer, and hopefully the following ones in College Park with him.  He likes to workout and learn more about lifting and stuff so that is awesome too! :)  We have a great ward mission leader, Brother Turner, who is really helpful and seems to really have some things figured out. 

Pretty Sure that this picture is for Summer! lol

There are also some other wonderful members I have already met!  While at the Silver Spring Stake center for the 2nd Session of GC & Priesthood Session there was a Pizza social in the cultural hall (which, funny enough, is the same place I had my teeth knocked out!!).  There I met Brother Dixon and Brother Wilson who are in the College Park ward's Elder's quorum.  They both were asking us about the missionary work here and how they could help in "Hastening the Work." We talked about getting the members excited and having them invite friends and family to meals and get-togethers where we would be present so that they could be introduced to us.  In order for us to get to that point where the members would be so actively engaged in the work, we would have to first get the members out with us to teaching appointments so that they could be touched by the missionary spirit. So we are going to be setting many appointments with Less-Active members, recent coverts, and investigators.  We want to make sure that these appointments are solid (easier said than done!) so that each member that comes out with us will be able to see how hard we are working and how exciting this work is, along with how passionate we are about doing this great work.
Sorry about the long explanation! I am just SO PUMPED right now!  I feel as if at this time in my mission, with Elder Hansen, I have the opportunity to progress so much more as a servant of The Lord.  
This transfer the whole mission will be participating in the "Process of Purification."  It is a 40 day fast from the things that are holding us back from having our whole heart, might, mind and strength 100% in doing the Lord's work. It is an opportunity for us to be able to sanctify ourselves and to do our VERY BEST to remove ourselves from the ways of the world.  Personally, I am beyond excited for it.  I know if will be hard and take a lot of focus and praying to be perfect in it.  But with the help of Christ and His Atonement, anything is possible. 
We have a few people we are working with and hopefully some more soon! Right now I am still meeting everyone and haven't even been to church because of General Conference so I will be able to tell you more about our investigators and members then. 
I am very thankful to be able to have such a wonderful family who loves me.  I love you.  I pray everyday for your safety and for your success in sharing the gospel.  We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have so much to rejoice for and be grateful for because we know the truth.  I know that for the rest of my life I want to be a missionary.  I hope that everyone sees the importance to forget themselves and do EVERYTHING they can to share the gospel.  There is no excuse to shun away from doing missionary work because everyone can!  
Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me Mom and for always doing everything you could to watch out for me and make me happy.  I love you more than words can say.  And I am so excited for the eternity we have to be together as a family!  God truly does love us for creating this way to be together forever.
Keep up the great work in Farmington!  I am excited to hear about Brian's call!  I am so proud of him! Give my love to everyone <3

Love your son,

Elder Sean B. Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment