Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Father's Day


Hey Mom!

Sounds like everyone had a great week this week!  And Happy Father's Day to Dad and Grandpa! Also Uncle Vaughn and Jonny! Sounds like it was a good get-together!  I don't know if there is a vote for going to San Elijo next Father's Day or not... But if there is, count me in!

I am so stoked about Brian going to the temple!  Won't it be the best when we are all back together in two years and can ALL go to the temple.  I can't wait.  Anyway, Congrats Bri! I love you a ton brother. :)

Things here are going super great!  We just had the best zone activity in the history of life!  The last two days have been straight madness prepping for it!  We had to get a grill from a member(plus load it on our truck), a hose, tons of water balloons, burgers and brots, and a slip and slide(big tarps).  So we have been going crazy trying to get it all together... We were just praying that it would all work out, even though it was looking like we were going to have a lot of road blocks.  Luckily, everything went JUST right!! It was a "Water Games" themed activity with Elder Archibald BBQing like last time!  So it was an all around success and we heard a lot of, "BEST ZONE ACTIVITY EVER!!" Comments from both the elders and sister missionaries.  I may or may not have gotten a little more sun than I was suppose to! :/

This week is temple week and also the last full week of the transfer!  So it will be interesting to see what happens.  I really hope to stay with Elder Cervantes, but I don't think that will happen sadly.  

We have been getting a ton of referrals lately, which means that the missionaries in the mission and especially in our zone are talking to EVERYONE!!  It has been great to put a stronger effort into talking to everyone we see.  As we have been we see how easy it is to share the gospel with others.  I think a lot of times in my life I have always been nervous to open my mouth and invite someone to hear about our church.  Whether it was inviting someone to church, a stake dance, a youth activity, or even over to our house to hangout or eat; I always had that fear.  Now I realize why I was scared.  It wasn't because I needed to learn how to peach the Gospel or how to contact people on the streets... It was because I was letting satan get the best of me.  We know that on the scriptures we are taught that every good feeling and thought comes from God, while every bad one comes from the devil.  So the whole time I was just letting satan tell me, "nah... That person wouldn't be interested." "He doesn't seem like he would like to hangout with Mormon kids." The thoughts go on and on!  I should have been following the still small voice of the Spirit.  So many of our friends and family are waiting for us to invite them.  They are looking for the truth but do not know where to find it.  So we have to help them by inviting them to come closer to Christ.  This can be done is SO many ways.  In the book "The Power of Everyday Missionaries," Brother Clayton Christensen teaches us that when we invite, we succeed.  It doesn't matter if they accept or not... All we have to do is invite.  

I know that this work is the work of our Lord.  Nothing can compare to the marvelous work and wonder the our Father in Heaven is performing at this time.  We love in the time that all the ancient prophets saw and were excited for!  We are pert of the Hastening of the Work of Salvation.  I wish for everyone to "catch the wave" and to each do their part to share the gospel with our brothers and sisters.  Everyone needs it :)

I love you mom!  And I am so happy to be a part of our wonderful family.  What a great blessing God has given us to all be together.  "Count your many blessings..." ;)

Love your boy,

Elder Sean B. Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment